Monday, March 10, 2008

The World's 50 Most Powerful Blogs

Great post in The Guardian today on the world's 50 most popular blogs and descriptions of what each covers. Below, I have listed out the top 10 but if you would like to read the full article (which you should, because as PR professionals it is our job to know the media landscape, which now includes the blogosphere, inside and out) you can find it here.

Top 10
1. The Huffington Post
2. Boing Boing
3. Techcrunch
4. Kottke
5. Dooce
6. Perezhilton
7. Talkingpointsmemo
8. Icanhascheezburger
9. Beppe Grillo
10. Gawker

One last word: I was surprised at how many of these blogs were international. Perhaps my awe stems from the fact that I am simply naive, but it raised a good flag for me that I should begin to research and evaluate the media landscape in other countries to see what others are reading. I also found it interesting that Perezhilton ranked #6 in the world. Don't get me wrong, definitely a great blog, but I think it says something about where the interest of our culture lies :)

No comments: