Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My First Big Project!

It was a big week for me at work! Which may be a reason for my lack of posts recently (sorry! I'll try to post more often!) Anyway, I helped own a project this week - a mobile partnership announcement - and let me just say that it was quite the experience! Although I can't disclose full details of the project, I did learn a few things along the way:

  • Communication with your team and other players is key. You must be clear and lay out exactally what you want them to do. Then, you just need to let trust take it from there.
  • You must also communicate well with clients.
  • Work fast and respond quickly. In PR land, you could extrapolate this point to fit just about any project you are working on.
  • Be prepared to answer lots of questions.
  • Send out reminders or other useful tid bits of information to people who are helping you work on the project.

No comments: